Saturday, April 4, 2009

ISP 09

Scarlet Caruso
ISP 09- England
March 5th - March 12th

Day 1-

A lot of emotions are involved in travailing. There's fatigue, irritability, excitement and nervousness. Currently, I am experiencing almost all of these. Fatigue being one of the most common emotions during travel is a feeling I am experiencing currently. Right now my feet are aching, my head is pounding and my eyelids drooping. There is nothing I can do to control this but to sleep. Another feeling i have right now is excitement. I have been waiting for this trip for a while, and its so exciting to think about all the wonderful things we'll be doing. OF course, the excitement is affecting my sleeping. The final emotion I am experiencing is nervousness. I am nervous I forgot to pack an essential. I am nervous that one of us is going to get hurt or lost. All of these emotions come with class trips, but the fact that we are going out the country makes all these emotions double.

Day 2-
As I am sitting here writing, I feel warmer than I have in quite a while. The green grass assures me that spring is coming soon. I haven't been able to look up and see the bright shining sun and blue sky in at least three months. The tinkling water has a calming affect on the class. For a few minutes we are quiet.

The city is moving at a fast pace. People running and rushing. A car honks at a slow mover. "s'cuse me"s and "move please"s could be heard throughout the exciting day. We are not like the people of this city. We wander and stop to look at the sublime sights around us. We enjoy the city more because our time with it is limited.

Day 3-

Restlessness.
The game begins.
The players feet maneuvering with skill.
GOAL!
The crowd goes wild....
"CHARLTON! CHARLTON! CHARLTON!"
The game continues in the same fashion.
Watford wins.
Disappointment swirling around us.

Day 5-

Brick Lane Markets:

The street is filled with wonderful goodies that any girl would want. We maneuver our way around leading one another to the "cutest" things we've found yet. "I would not mind shopping here for the rest of my life" I say. Ceilie agrees. We stare hungrily at the adorable clothing that we so desperately wish to purchase. Upset and disappointed we reach the group. The sadness swells as well look at our classmates purchases. We should have bought something.

Day 7-

I stare at the elaborate designs. What would it be like to live here? I would run, hide and play all over the castle. Being served anything and everything I need. It would be absolutely amazing. I would love it but if I was born into it I wouldn't know how lucky I was. As I stare at the beautiful fabrics, magnificent paintings and graceful furniture I am sure that living here would be divine.

Day 8-

We slop onto the train and ungracefully drag our luggage behind us. Anna kindly asks a nice man if could move because there is four of us. He abides and helps with our suitcases. As we settle we laugh and giggle. Someone mentions how we're the loudest on the train. Then a large group of third graders pile on. Not even the fours of us could compete with that boisterous noise. We hear screams, giggles, sound effects and little kid sneezes as the train continues to roll down the tracks. When they get off our entire car let's out an inward sigh. And the train goes on down the tracks.

No comments: