Friday, December 12, 2008

Kates Essay

TS: The definition of regret is to feel sorry, disappointed, or distressed. 2: Should a 14 year old really be feeling that? 3: I don’t think that is good feeling for a kid to be experiencing. 4: Of course I have been disappointed in my life but it is not something that I dwell on all the time.



TS: One of the things that I was disappointed with in my life was when I got my assessment grade back. SD: After working hard, and long I was very disillusioned when I received my grade. CM: At first I didn’t really understand why I got the grade, and I thought it was because I was honest and said that I did not have a good experience at the Elms. CM: That made me start to think that if I lied and said I had a great time at the Elms I would have gotten a better grade. SD: I don’t believe that that is why I got my grade any more though. CM: Sometimes, when someone brings up assessment I still wonder if I did it differently, would I have gotten a better grade. CS: But then I quickly think to something else because there is no reason for a 14 year old to be disappointed in herself.



TS: Some things that I can change in my future is to be ready for disappointment. SD: There is always the possibility that I will get a bad grade in there future and I should not be to upset by it the next time I receive one. CM: I should accept the grade. CM: Once I can accept it, I can then learn from it. SD: In the back of my head after a test or a quiz I make sure that I know it may not get an A. CM: I’m not being pessimistic, I'm being prepared. CS: I don’t want to feel so let down like I was with my assessment grade.


TS: When I got my assessment grade back it was not a good feeling and I don’t ever want to be that disappointed in my self like that again. So far I have not and I would like to keep it that way.

No comments: