Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kate Scott
January 8, 2009
Mr. Salsich
English
Literary Terms:
11 Sentences about The Tempest

In Act 1 Scene 2 of The Tempest, Shakespeare uses many literary terms to show the betrayal between two brothers. For example, I believe that the secret study Prospero is talking about has a deeper meaning. I feel that the studies will be brought up making the knowledge symbolism. When Prospero starts talking about how he got “rapt in secret studies” it seems that the studies became more important then the people in his city. That is what let Antonio became the duke of the city. Another literary term in the passage is alliteration. One example of this is “to my state grew stranger”. Having the same sounds made that sentence smoother or easier to read compared to some of Shakespeare lines. When I first looked at this play it seemed confusing but at a closer look I’m starting to understand the themes and literary terms Shakespeare is using.

No comments: